reseting windows password by .pwl is not possible in xp,win 7 like win 98
can we fix this by UBUNTU?????
u will require:
1. Linux installation or live CD or bootable pendrive
I used –> Ubuntu 11.10
2. chntpw tool
Download the source from this site. Be sure to download the link marked “Source code + static linked binaries (zipped)” .
Extract the source. You will find a statically linked version of chntpw called chntpw.static inside the folder. Use it in the following procedure.
1. Launch a terminal in Ubuntu
2. Mount the partition where Windows 7 is installed and go to the folder “WINDOWS/System32/config”
3. To see the list users in the system, command is-
$ chntpw -l SAM
4. Choose the user name that you want to reset the password of and issue the command,
$ chntpw -u username SAM
thats all you have done with ur work…..
now start ur windows and enjoy!!!!!!!